Area Rug Information Resources
- Armenian Rug Production History – Historical information about Armenian rugs.
- CNN – See two million knots turn into a carpet.
- Hereke 100% Handmade – Information about Hereke handmade rugs, including history and care.
- IICRC Blog – Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification rug cleaning articles.
- Jozan Magazine – An International web-portal and digital magazine about oriental rugs and carpets.
- Navajo Rug Repair – Contains information regarding the care and repair of Navajo and Oriental rugs.
- Renaissance Rug Cleaning Blogg – Let’s talk insect infestations of rugs.
- What’s Wrong with My Rug – This area of our web site is especially useful to help you determine the exact problem with your rug.
- Wovensouls.org – Antique Persian Afshar Bird Rug – what was she thinking?
- Nejad.com – Where rugs are made – Characteristics of Rugs by Region
For further information about rugs, check out these websites:
- Marlamallett.com – Textiles and Tribal Oriental Rugs.
- Jozan.net – Digital magazine about oriental rugs and carpets.
- Rug News – The rug industry’s online source for on-the-spot news and information.
- Society of Cleaning and Restoration Technicians – The cleaning industry’s trade association.
- Restoration Industry Association – Association for cleaning and restoration professional.
- Carpet Institute of Australia – Dedicated to the development of Australia’s $1.6 billion carpet industry.
- Tcoletribalrugs.com – Suggested Reading & Resources
- Rudolf Stingel’s art exhibit at the Palazzo Grassi in Venice – Rudolf Stingel’s site specific art installation at the Palazzo Grassi in Venice. Mr. Stingel covered the floors and walls in carpeting based on a 17th century Turkish (Transylvanian) rug. Through December 31, 2013
- RugTracker.com – rugtracker is the work of John Taylor, Germany.
How to judge quality in hand knotted rugs
Traditional skills of carpet weaving in Fars
Restoring Your Treasure
Call now for a Free, No-Obligation estimate. Our area rug specialists are standing by!
734-973-2300 (Ann Arbor)